WELTEK NAVITEK S13 AUTO DARKENING – TRUE COLOUR AIR FED WELDING HELMET
The Weltek Navitek S13 air fed welding and grinding system comes complete with the true colour auto darkening helmet and the Airkos blower unit to provide clean air during the welding or grinding process. The Navitek S13 air fed helmet benefits from a true colour auto darkening filter providing a better view of the weld puddle. Another nice feature is the heads up display inside the mask which shows battery life amongst other information.
Flip up the auto darkening section of the mask to uncover the large incorporated grinding visor. The grinding visor gives the user a large field of vision whilst continuing to protect them from grinding dust inhalation. One customer commented “It may stop my employees from taking them off!”
NAVITEK TRUE COLOUR AUTO DARKENING HELMET
- The Navitek® combines the polyvalent autodarkening filter, with one of the largest clear grinding visors available on the market.
- Advanced UV/IR filters offer a more realistic colour viewing experience
- The Navitek® shell and all its polycarbonates are certified for grinding with the specific standards EN 166B and EN 175B. The visor is made in perfectly clear 1,0mm thick polycarbonate.
- The excellent ergonomics provides perfect protection of the forehead, the ears and the neck, while keeping the weight at 581g.
- This high comfort level can be advanced once equipped with side vision in shade DIN 5: the Navitek® S4 then provides a 160° vision to the welder, for improved safety and advanced comfort. These side vision are made out of transparent shade DIN 5 polycarbonate.
- The Navitek® S4 is equipped with the longitudinal headgear with 4 settings: height, width, angle, and longitudinal adjustment for welders operating with corrective glasses.
- Positioned into the liftable front frame, the S4 autodarkening filter offers a 93x43mm viewing area with a perfect vision of the fusion during welding thanks to excellent 1/1/1/2 optical classes.
- The 4 arc sensors are associated to a very fast switching speed of 0,2ms for a flawless detection of the welding arc, with all welding processes: electrodes, MIG/MAG, TIG.
- Inside stepless knobs allow the welder to select the welding shade (from DIN 5 – 8 and 9 to 13), to adapt the sensitivity of the 4 arc sensors, and to adjust the delay according to the welding application.
- Fully Variable Shades: DIN 5 – 8 and 9-13
- Viewing Area: 100 x 67mm
- Optical Classes: 1/1/1/2
- Power: Solar
- Controls: Stepless
- Sensitivity & Delay: Yes
- Grinding: Yes – EN175B
- Warranty: 3 Years
- Conforms to EN166B, 175B, 379
AIRKOS BLOWER UNIT
When associated to the Airkos®, the Navitek® helmet provides the filtration of Solid and Liquid Particules (PSL). The bolted and flame retardant face seal guarantees a limited TH2 inward leakage inside the headtop. The main filter on the Airkos® is classified as re-usable (PRSL), and does not need to be replaced after every shift. The visual and sound alarm will inform the operator when to replace the filter.
The PRSL filter of the Airkos® is equipped with a pre-filter, blocking the largest particles and extending the lifecycle of the main filter. As an option, a pre-filter with active charcoals is available.
The Airkos® blower unit (PAPR) is approved and certified according to the EN 12941 standard, with and only with the Navitek® headtop.
Completing the alarm for the clogged filter, the filtration unit is also equipped with a distinctive alarm for the battery, informing the operator when the charge is running low.
The Airkos® is delivered with a standard 4-cell Lithium-ion battery. A heavy-duty battery with 6 Lithium-ion cells is also available. When equipped with the standard battery (Part Number CR7020), the Airkos® can provide up to 10 hours of operating time (with a new filter and on minimum airflow). Once equipped with the heavy-duty battery (Part Number CR7021), the Airkos® offers up to 15 hours, under the same conditions.
According to the welding application, the close environment and the operator’s habits, it is possible to select between 2 airflows on the Airkos®. 180l/m is the minimum airflow. With a simple push on the control knob, the unit increases the airflow to 220l/m.
A very large and padded belt provides an excellent comfort and a perfect support of the blower unit. As options, a padded harness and/or a belt extension are available to complete the existing belt.
Each Navitek® Airkos is delivered with its own storage bag. The Airkos® storage bag is perfect for transport and stock of buffer spare parts.
AIRKOS UNIT KEY FEATURES:
- 2 Airflow Speeds 180 & 220 litres per minute
- Audible and Visual Clogged Filter Alarm
- Audible and Visual Low Battery Alarm
- Rechargable 4 Cell Lithium-ion Battery with 10 hours running time supplied as standard
- Airkos Supplies with Main Filter and Pre Filter
- Filtration: PRSLTH2
- Conforms to EN12941
- Weight: 1.18
- 1 Year Warranty (Lithium-ion Battery now also has a 12 month warranty)
TBWS are also able to provide all necessary spares for the Weltek range of helmets and air feeder systems. See the similar items section below for a list of the popular spares.
WELTEK AIR FED SYSTEMS MEET THE UK STANDARD ASSIGNED PROTECTION FACTOR OF 20 POINTS AS OUTLINED IN THE MOST RECENT HSE GUIDANCE DOCUMENT