WELTEK KAPIO GRINDING AND CUTTING HELMET – HELMET ONLY READY FOR CONNECTION TO AIRKOS BLOWER HOSE
A replacement / alternative helmet for use with Weltek Airkos air fed systems.
All Kapio S4 welding helmets now come with true colour vision ADF filters – meaning the user experiences a better view of the weld puddle. Whilst non true colour filters give a green tinged view, the true colour filter gives almost a naked eye view through the lense.
The Kapio S4 has a grinding function which turns the auto darkening lens to DIN 4 for grinding applications. If a full face grinding visor with flip up welding screen would better suit your requirements, see the Weltek Navitek helmet.
KAPIO SIDE VISION S4 AUTO DARKENING HELMET
The Kapio S4 combines several key functions:
- The excellent ergonomics provides perfect protection of the forehead, the ears and the neck, while keeping the weight under 460g.
- Equipped with side vision in shade DIN 5 , the Kapio® provides a 160° vision to the welder, for improved safety and advanced comfort. These side vision are made out of transparent shade DIN 5 polycarbonate.
- The Kapio® S4 is equipped with the longitudinal headgear with 4 settings: height, width, angle, and longitudinal adjustment for welders operating with corrective glasses.
- The 4 arc sensors are associated to a very fast switching speed of 0,2ms for a flawless detection of the welding arc, with all welding processes.
- With excellent 1/1/1/2 optical classes, the liquid crystals of the S4 provide a perfect vision of the fusion during welding.
- Inside stepless knobs allow the welder to select the welding shade (from DIN 9 to DIN 13), to adapt the sensitivity of the 4 arc sensors, and to adjust the delay according to the welding application.
- The Kapio® shell and all its polycarbonates are certified for grinding with the specific norms EN 166 B and EN 175 B. When selecting the Grind mode, all 4 arc sensors become deactivated and the GRIND LED flashes. The operator is then able to grind with a clear shade DIN 4.
– Dark Shade: DIN 9-13
– Clear Shade: DIN 4
– Switching Speed: 0.2ms
– Arc Sensors: 4
– Viewing Area: 93 x 43mm
– 160º degree side vision
– Optical Classes: 1/1/1/2
– Technology: Twisted Nematic
– Power: Solar
– Controls: Stepless
– Sensitivity & Delay: Yes
– Grinding: Yes – EN175B
– Total Weight: 458g
– Warranty: 2 Years
– Conforms to EN166B, 175B, 379
This helmet comes complete with face seal and head gear, ready for connection to an existing Airkos blower and hose.
PLEASE NOTE: Order is for the helmet/mask only and is only compatible with the Airkos blower units.
TBWS are also able to provide all necessary spares for the Weltek range of helmets and air feeder systems. See the similar items section below for a list of the popular spares.