TECARC 181 COMPACT MIG WELDER
Virtually unchanged for over 20 years of production, the TecArc Prof MIG series remain very popular. 2019 sees some updates to the tried and tested design. A stronger, sleeker case is now standard and updated smoothing circuits make for excellent weld characteristics.
The TecArc C181 compact MIG welder is high quality British made machine designed for automotive, maintenance and light fabrication applications. Technical Arc believe these machines to be the most reliable machines on the market, with thousands in use across the UK and Europe. Combine these claims with guaranteed parts availability for 20 years, these transformer based MIG welders provide the lowest long term maintenance costs of any similar machines in the industry.
The machines are force fan cooled with a low noise design. The chassis at the rear takes full size gas cylinders. All parts are protected by the heavy gauge phosphate and epoxy powder coated steel casing, creating a hard wearing, quality product. The copper wound transformer stands up to hard work and is backed up with a 5 year warranty. Even the volt switches have metal shafts, rather than plastic, adding the durability of the machine.
The wire drive motor is made by a Swedish company, adding to the quality build.
SUPPLIED AS STANDARD WITH MAINS LEAD AND 3M EARTH RETURN LEAD ONLY
- Synergic control now standard for easy setting
- 8 Volt fine power adjustments and a very low minimum amperage for very thin gauge material – down to 0.5mm (20A)
- Industry standard Euro torch connection
- 100% copper wound transformer with 5 year warranty
- Reverse polarity now fitted as standard making the machine suitable for both solid and flux cored gasless MIG wires
- Quality Swedish made wire drive motor feeds wire better than some 4 roll sets
- Wire sizes 0.6, 0.8 or 1.0mm on 15kg or 5kg spools
- Great welding characteristics and built in electronic burn back
- Improved smoothing circuits for even smoother welding
- Force fan cooled to provide a higher duty cycle than most similar sized machines
- Increased air flow design reduces noise
- Welds mild steel, stainless steel, Hardox, aluminium & alloys etc.
- Very strong metal powder coated casing to withstand harsh workshop environments
- Takes a full sized gas cylinder
- Volt switches have metal shafts – not plastic like other brands.
- High, over 90% efficiency design to minimise electricity consumption
ADDITIONAL OPTIONS (PLEASE CALL FOR PRICING)
- 110V version
- MIG Torch
- Upgrade to 4 roll wire feeder
- Upgrade to include spot timer function
- Digital meter kit to display Amps and Voltage (factory fit or retrofit).
- Colour-yellow or red options
Size approx. 600mm H + handle x 330mm W + rear wheels x 740mm long.
|Specification 230V Single phase||181||211||221||251||301|
|OCV (no load volts)||17-33V||17-36V||17-38V||17-40A||17-42A|
|Output weld smoothing devices.||Unique reactive choke||Unique reactive choke||Smoothing capacitors + reactive choke||Smoothing capacitors + reactive choke||Smoothing capacitors + reactive choke|
|Duty cycle @ 60%||90A||120A||130A||135A||190A|
|Duty cycle @ 35%||120A||155A||170A||175A||245A|
|Input fuse (slow blow)||230V 16A (13A OK for 90% power)||230V 16/20A (13A OK to 75% output)||230V 20A (13/16A OK to 75/80% output)||230V 25/32A (16A OK to 70% output)||230V 25/32A (16A OK to 60% output)|
Why accept an imported machine when you can buy a top quality British made machine for a similar price?
All models comply with BS EN60974-1, BS 60974-10, WEE/HD0071UZ, RoHS compliant & CE marked.
Please note: TecArc machines are built to order and may take 7 – 14 working days from order to be built and dispatched. If you place an order online, one of sales team will be in touch to confirm delivery time scales. Also note our returns policy for these machines on our terms and conditions page.
We produced a short video showing the TecArc Prof MIG, see it on YouTube here (Apologies for filming in portrait – we’re still learning)