OXY ACETYLENE CUTTING SET – COMPLETE
This Oxy Acetylene cutting kit by GTECH – Starparts, is a quality oxy-acetylene kit supplied in a strong tool box, ready to get you started. This gas cutting set is ready to connect to most types of Oxy/Acetylene gas cylinders. Equipped flashback arrestors offer peace of mind and safety during operation.
Ideal for mobile maintenance, repair work, home workshops and garage use.
Included in the kit:
- Single stage Oxygen plugged regulator – 300 Bar
- Single stage Acetylene plugged regulator – 25 Bar
- Premium NM 18/90 cutting torch – 18 ” in length and 90º head
- In line Oxygen flashback arrestor
- In line fuel flashback arrestor
- 10mm blue hose fitted with 3/8″ check valve – 10m length
- 10mm red hose fitted with 3/8″ check valve – 10m length
- ANM cutting nozzle 1/32″ – suitable for cutting 3 to 6mm plate thickness.
- ANM cutting nozzle 3/64″ – suitable for cutting 5 to 12mm plate thickness.
- Single flint lighter
- Combination spanner
- Stainless steel tool case.
- Gas regulators should be replaced/inspected every 5 years. The G-Tech Oxygen and Acetylene gas regulators supplied in this kit are date stamped as per CP7 requirements as detailed by the British Compressed Gases Association (BCGA). Regulators supplied are the plugged type, without gauges, ideal for site work where gauges are easily knocked and damaged. A plugged regulator has markings on the pressure adjustment screw to set to desired pressures for cutting. The regulators have a forged brass body and colour coded knobs for clear identification of gas type – Red for Acetylene and blue for Oxygen. 5/8 BSP inlet and 3/8 BSP outlet. Regulators conform to ISO 2503 standards.
- 2 X Non-resettable flashback arrestors included for use with Oxygen and Acetylene gases with 3/8 BSP connections. Fitted next to the regulator and before the fuel gas hose, a flashback arrestor is an essential safety device when using oxy fuel equipment. The main function of the flashback arrestor is to prevent gas mixtures occurring with potentially very dangerous consequences. An FBA (Flashback arrestor) should be fitted to both the Fuel gas (Acetylene) and Oxygen hose lines. A fuel gas FBA has a left hand thread, whilst Oxygen flashback arrestors have a right hand thread. The difference in thread direction being another safety device to stop a mix up of equipment and potential gas mixtures being possible.
- 10mm 10 metre length gas hoses included with 3/8″ check valve (one way) safety devices fitted one end and a hose tail and 3/8″ nut the other. Assembled and tested conforming to ISO 1256:2006, manufactured from EPDM compound for high abrasion and weather resistance, with high compression fittings and flame trap hose check valves. Each hose is dated to signify when they are due to be changed as per CP7 guidelines. Hoses are also colour coded with red and blue for Acetylene and Oxygen respectively.
- The included NM18/90 cutting torch has a lever for on/off and 2 valves for start up and shut down procedures for mixing oxygen and fuel. Male connections fit onto the supplied hoses with the red valved connection having a LH thread for the fuel gas and the blue valved connection with a RH thread for connection with the Oxygen hose.
- Cutting nozzles are also supplied within the kit. With an ANM 1/32″ nozzle for cutting 3 to 6mm materials and a 3/64″ nozzle for 5mm -12mm.