OXFORD MultiMIG SITE WELDER (SW273) PORTABLE CC/CV POWER SOURCE
The Oxford MultiMIG Site Welder is a 270 amp three phase (400V) British built inverter power source. With CC/CV capabilities, the Oxford site welder can be used as a stick welder, DC lift TIG welder or a fully functional MIG welder when paired with a wire feed unit.
Oxford has launched these units to provide strong workhorse machines in a smaller compact and lightweight case, that can be transported to site, with the same welding performance as their proven MultiMIG range. Same reliable technology & parts, same superior performance but hand portable. Suitable for welding Steel, stainless, Duplex, hardox, aluminium & alloys.
MMA Welding – Simply plug in stick welding leads to the sockets.
TIG Welding – Use a TIG torch to weld ferrous materials with lift TIG function.
MIG Welding – Choose from Oxfords 4X MultiMIG wire feed unit, taking 15KG spools or the 2X MultiMIG ultra compact wire feeder, which takes 5KG spools. An interconnecting cable from the machine to the wire feeder can be purchased from 1 metre in length up to 20 metres, for ultimate versatility.
Ideal for everything from thin sheet metal work to light fabrication and agricultural work. Reverse polarity for gasless wires, digital meters and stick welding functionality now come as standard on the MultiMIG range making them truly versatile bits of kit.
The site welder is also generator friendly and features in built protection from the effects of under and over voltage. It has excellent duty cycles (see chart below). Plus superior arc characteristics and low working noise.
SUPPLIED AS STANDARD WITH 3M MAINS LEAD AND 3M EARTH RETURN LEAD
When you think of a British built welder, you automatically think Oxford. They have been made in the UK for over 60 years and they have built a reputation as workhorses. They are simply built to offer maximum lifespan, providing reliability and excellent welding performance. The newer inverter machines are no exception, they are hand built using only the best quality components sourced in the UK wherever possible. Anything that can be made in house is made right in the factory here in the UK – inverter transformers, coils and PCBs, they even daw their own copper litz wire.
The Oxford MultiMIG is one power source that does everything:
- MIG/MAG Welding
- MMA (Stick welding)
- DC Lift TIG (TIG weld ferrous materials such as steel and stainless)
- Option to connect a separate wire feed – perfect for large welding jobs – this also gives the user 2 wire feeds and the option of having 2 wire types loaded at any one time to avoid having to remove and re-load for different materials. Weld from the power source connected MIG torch or a MIG torch connected to the separate wire feed.
- Spool gun interface for welding Aluminium
- One lightweight power source with true CC/CV multiprocess capability & built in MIG electronic controls.
- Ready to plug in our 4X wire feeder or our ultra compact 2X feeder for MIG/MAG welding.
- Ready to plug in our OXFORD spool guns for even better aluminium welding.
- Ready to plug in a TIG torch with switch & gas control with adjustable post flow.
- Ready to plug in MMA welding leads – superb arc welding performance up to 100M cables OK.
- Infinitely variable weld power from 20A to max power with precision to 1A & 0.1V.
- Digital display show set values prior to welding & precise values when welding.
- Super smooth low spatter MIG welding with perfect welds & instant arc starts without popping.
- Unique ARC TUNE control allows operator full control over welding characteristics from CV through to CC.
- Unique ARC TUNE control – variable inductance – fine tune the arc precisely, dial out that spatter etc.
- Reversible polarity, 2T/4T function, adjustable burnback, adjustable gas post flow (ideal for TIG).
- Auto compensation for extension cables up to 100M & unstable or poor mains input supply.
- Generator friendly with built in protection from over & under voltage, over temp, over current, etc.
- High efficiency design & 12-20W standy power reduces running costs & helps the environment.
- High duty cycles to keep you welding all day long.
- Rugged power source case design.
- Cooling chamber keeps any dirty airflow away from electronic parts.
- Low weight & compact size for better portability.
- Genuinely Industrial machines built to work hard for 25+ years.
Rugged reliable compact MIG machines with simple no nonsense controls. Great welding performance, simple build & easy maintenance, everything you want from a machine designed to weld & nothing you don’t want. 1000’s sold over the last few years!
SUPPLIED AS STANDARD WITH 3M MAINS LEAD, 3M EARTH RETURN LEAD, MIG TORCH AND REGULATOR
Power source case size 235Wx380Hx485L Output amps range on MMA & TIG is the same as MIG, MMA duty cycle is reduced by 6%. For max output on generator increase min generator rating by 50% Compliance with BS IEC60974-1, WEE/HD0071UZ, EU2019/1784.
- Calibration to EN1090
- Spool guns for Aluminium welding
- Push Pull torches for Aluminium welding
- MMA Leads
- TIG Torch
- Longer Mains input leads
All Oxford welding machines are offered with the following guarantees:
2 year warranty all items – except torch and regulator.
5 year main transformer warranty (the heart of the machine)
20 year minimum guarantee of spares availability
Why accept an imported machine when you can buy a top quality British made machine for a similar price?
Please note: Oxford machines are built to order and may take 7 – 14 working days from order to be built and dispatched. If you place an order online, one of sales team will be in touch to confirm delivery time scales. Also note our returns policy for these machines on our terms and conditions page.
THE TBWS VERDICT:
We have been supplying the Oxford range of machines for a very long time now. They are just simply built to last! You just know that you can go to these welders, turn them on and away you go. Oxford parts availability is some of the best out there too. Also, in the event of needing technical advice, you can talk to the people that designed and made the machine!
Images are for illustration only.