OXFORD MULTI-ARC 250 PORTABLE – MULTI PROCESS
The Oxford Multi-Arc 250 is a portable, multi-process machine allowing the user to take it anywhere and weld anything. The Multi-Arc range is a truly adaptable machine – buy the power source alone and use as a powerful MMA Arc (Stick) welder, purchase a TIG torch to use it for TIG welding (lift arc) or buy the optional wire feed unit to use it as a very capable MIG welding machine. These highly adaptable welders also benefit from being 230/400V dual voltage.
The Oxford Multi-Arc 250 is built using technology previously seen on the highly acclaimed CUTMAKER PLASMA machines. Oxford call this their hybrid technology, which uses a conventional copper wound transformer, but with Mitsubishi PWM chopper technology to give infinite and precise control of the welding output. Chopper technology has been around for a few years but has been reserved for the most industrial equipment. Oxford have changed that by incorporating it into their Multi-Arc machines. Oxford state that this hybrid technology is not to be underestimated. Performance and efficiency is comparable to a good inverter based machine but with the reliability, ruggedness and lifespan of a conventional machine.
The Oxford Multi-Arc machines are designed to weld as well as the very best inverter welders available but with the added benefit of extreme durability. Transformer based machines tolerate real world conditions such as grinding dust, moisture, knocks, drops and voltage spikes from the power supply. Oxford claim that this technology many times increases the lifespan of a machine when comparing to a European or American made inverter welder. Furthermore, these machines are highly repairable unlike some of the complex inverter machines out there.
Ideal for all welding applications, they are equally happy working outside in the rain, in the back of a van or in your workshop. Everything from repair & maintenance to industrial fabrication work.
Main features & functions
- Dual voltage, connect to single phase or three phase supply
- True multi-process CC/CV output with infinite control of welding power.
- MMA arc welding function welds all rods including cellulosic 6010 etc.
- MMA anti stick circuit cuts the power if the rod becomes stuck.
- MMA arc force control to give a more forceful arc if needed.
- TIG welding with lift arc, welds steel, Stainless, even thin aluminium.
- MIG welding from 15A upwards with super smooth arc & variable inductance to fine tune the arc characteristics.
- MIG welding with reverse polarity gas less wire.
- MIG arc start circuit built in to start the weld fast & clean without ‘machine gunning’ when you pull the trigger.
- Digital meter shows output amps for easy setting & for BS EN1090 etc.
- Very simple to set up & use, anyone can use it in seconds.
- Built in automatic compensation for varying supply & long cables.
- Dual voltage input 230/400V, (even works up to 160A on a 13A plug).
- Generator friendly design (no blow up on unstable generators!).
- Very efficient design to minimise power consumption & give you more output for less input power.
- Suitable for use inside or outside (site welding etc) (IP23S rating).
Lots of optional accessories including;
- Choice of MIG wire feeder 2×2 or 4×4 roll
- Choice of MIG interconnector length, 1M, 3M, 5M, 10M, 15M or 20M
- Electrode holder leads in almost any length
- TIG torch
- Casters fitted under power source chassis
- MIG torches in different lengths
- Spool on gun torches 8M or longer options
Bought as power source only – MMA Arc welder with high Open Circuit Voltage (OCV) and built in hot start, which guarantees fast arc up and super smooth welding with spatter free results. Suitable for the thinnest sheet metal to heavy profiles. Built in anti stick function cuts the current in the event of a short down to prevent the rod annealing and allows it to be made free easily. Suitable for all types of electrode including cellulosic.
Add a wire feeder – The machine now becomes a MIG welder providing excellent arc characteristics on steel, stainless steel and aluminium. Welding is super smooth, with minimal spatter to produce tidy welds. With a low amp range of 15A, it can be used to weld anything from thin car panels right up to structural steel work. Welding power is infinitely adjustable on the front of the Multi-Arc 250 so its possible to get the exact setting needed for any job. The standard Oxford wire feeder is either 2 roll or 4 roll wire drive and can be supplied with almost any length interconnecting lead up to 20M. Its also possible to run an arc voltage wire feeder from this machine which only uses the welding cable connections which can be any length up to 100M. The output polarity can be easily changed to allow self shielding gasless MIG welding. MIG welding performance is superior to a standard step voltage MIG on all materials. Variable inductance control allows you to tune the arc to suit your requirements, this is used to minimise spatter and to control the arc from crisp through to soft. Lower inductance is used with thin wires for a crisp stable arc with maximum deposition & minimum heat into the work, increasing inductance softens the arc, reduces spatter & increases heating of the work. Built in arc start circuitry gives easier starting every time you press the trigger to stop ‘machine gunning’ at the start, which is particularly advantageous on aluminium. The arc start stops the ‘pop’ & subsequent burnback which is the problem associated with MIG welding aluminium. A spool or push pull torch/gun is also available.
Add a TIG torch – The machine becomes a DC TIG welder with true lift arc start to make electrodes last well. This is ideal for stainless steel, mild steel, copper etc & can even be used reverse polarity for TIG welding thin aluminium up to 2-3mm. The arc is super smooth right through the range & can be used for welding metal from 0.5mm thick.
Machine dimensions: 260mm W x 520mm L x 420mm H (excludes exterior hardware)
|Oxford Multi-Arc 250
|Duty cycle @ 60%
|Duty cycle @ 35%
|Input fuse (slow blow)
|Electrode size for MMA
|1.6 – 6mm
|Min. Generator Size
* Note the input fuse size on single phase models is a result of Oxfords calculations & tests, it is possible to use any of these models on a lower fuse size at lower welding power. It is recommended always using a ‘D’ type circuit breaker to avoid intermittant tripping & in some instances you may experience intermittant tripping if using close to maximum settings. *The min KVA rating quoted is for up to 3/4 power output, to achieve max output we suggest increase KVA by 40%.
All ratings above are based on TIG welding, when using on MMA or MIG duty cycles reduce by 15% & input power increases a little.
Compliance with with BS EN60974-1, BS EN 60974-10, RoHS, weee registered & CE marked.
Why accept an imported machine when you can buy a top quality British made machine for a similar price?
Every Oxford welding machine is offered with the following guarantees:
2 year warranty all items
5 year main transformer warranty (the heart of the machine)
20 year minimum guarantee of spares availability
Please note: Oxford machines are built to order and may take 7 – 14 working days from order to be built and dispatched. If you place an order online, one of sales team will be in touch to confirm delivery time scales. Also note our returns policy for these machines on our terms and conditions page.