MOSA MAGIC WELD 250 PETROL WELDER GENERATOR
The Mosa Magic Weld 250 is a petrol engine driven welder with a 110V generator output. Perfect for site work where a mains power source is not available, the Magic Weld 250 produces 250A DC welding output at an impressive 220A @ 35% duty cycle. With a dry weight of 71KG it is lightweight enough to move in and out of a van or workshop or easily manoeuvrable with the additional wheels and handles kit.
A 16A 110V socket provides 2.1kVA, for powering of fixed speed power tools, lighting etc.
The tank capacity of 6.1 litres provides a running time @ 60% load of 2.8 hours.
Mosa Magic Weld 250 Features
This compact generator welder utilises the reliable and quality 13 HP Honda GX390 engine with features such as:
- Oil alert
- Stage 5 Compliance
- Overload protection
- Patented auto idle control – An electromagnetic controlled Solenoid forces the engine speed to a minimum when not under load. When the load is present, welding or auxiliary output, the electromagnet is not supplied any more and the engine speed goes to the maximum
- Digital welding control.
- Permanent magnet alternator: the alternator has 2 galvanically separated windings, one for welding and the other for the auxiliary output.
- D.C. chopped auxiliary output: the auxiliary output is chopped every 50 msec. in order to prevent damages to switches of hand tools due to arcing. This special D.C. auxiliary is suitable not only for universal hand tools with brushes, but also for those with electronic speed control. In this case the limit is that these tools can run at the maximum speed only, without possibility of speed regulation.
The Mosa Magic Weld 250 is capable of welding all types of electrode up to 5mm. The Magic Weld series feature a patented MOSA “Power Optimizer” function, a specific control technique aimed at preventing the engine overload when working near to its power limit. With the ” Power Optimizer ” it is possible to ensure stable and optimal operation in all the welding conditions, exploiting the full power of the engine .
TBWS are able to access an impressive back catalogue of spares, parts and accessories for the Mosa Magic Weld range. This, coupled with the best build quality of Mosa machines, makes for machines that are built to last through servicing and repairs if required
- Current range, continuous: 20-250A
- Duty cycle: 220 A @ 35%
- Arc welding source in D.C. welding
- Welds any type of electrode, including cellulosic
- High frequency control of welding current and voltage
- Chopped D.C. auxiliary current (safe for tools)
- Portable Petrol Welder Generator
- Engine shut down for low oil level (oil alert)
- Power optimiser (patent pending)
- Auto Idle
- Dry weight: 71 kg
- Dimensions: 630x490x540 mm
- Acoustic power LwA (pressure LpA): 99 dB(A) (74 dB(A) @ 7 m)
- Model: Honda GX390
- Type/ Cooling System: OHV 4 Stroke Air Cooled
- Cylinders/Displacement: 1/389cm³
- Net power standby: 8.7kW / 11.8HP
- Power: 3600RPM
- Fuel consumption (welding 60%): 1.1 L/Hr
- Starter: Recoil
Optional Equipment includes;
CAN BE PURCHASED AS A SITE READY PACKAGE INCLUDING; CTM Wheels & Handles Kit, Light Reactive Welding Helmet, 5 Mtr Welding Lead Set, Chipping Hammer, Wire Brush & Welding Gauntlets.
Looking for a diesel mobile welder generator? Check out the Mosa Magic Weld 200 Diesel
THE TBWS VERDICT
TBWS have been dealing with Mosa for years. Their UK service centre provides excellent after sales service in the unlikely event of a warranty claim. But, more importantly, parts are almost always available in the UK, next day! We provide parts for machines 20 + years old to keep them running, such is the excellent back catalogue of spares available for these truly industrial machines. The addition of a mobile 250 amp welder generator to the Mosa line up is great for those who need welding capabilities from a van where weight is always an issue.