JASIC MIG 160 COMPACT INVERTER WELDER
Call Now For Best Prices 01276 505012
The Jasic MIG 160 is the entry level multi process, extremely portable and compact welder in the Jasic range. The MIG 160 provides excellent welding characteristics and is highly user friendly. A welding settings table is located on the inside of the door, giving ideal settings to work with different wire and metal types. Able to provide 160 amps at an impressive 35% duty cycle, this little machine is perfect for on-site maintenance and fabrication.
One of the many features on the Jasic MIG 160 is Burn Back Control, adjusted from inside the machine. When the trigger is released, the wire will stop but the voltage potential will stay on the wire to burn it out of the weld puddle. Burn back control improves crater filing and hence, the appearance of the weld.
Reverse polarity welding for use with gasless MIG wire is possible by simply changing which socket the plug on the front of the machine is plugged into, making it a very easy adjustment. Gas or Gas-Less operation is possible, particularly useful when welding in outside conditions.
The machine also has a Euro-Torch connection (meaning cost effective spares) and the possibility to use your favourite torch if wanted.
An industrial Wire Feed assembly feeds wire consistently and reliably and a spare roller is included to allow the use of different wire sizes. Suitable for 0.6mm – 1.0mm wire sizes. The compact Jasic MIG 160 takes up to 5kg wire spools.
Jasic state that the “working frequency of the machine is beyond the audio range”, making this machine nice and quiet too!
MMA Welding Functions
The MIG 160 produces excellent weld characteristics and benefits from hot start ignition, anti-stick and arc force features:
Hot start ignition – easier arc starting in MMA mode with difficult to start electrodes and auto-compensation for voltage fluctuations.
Anti-Sticking function – reduces the welding current if a short circuit occurs during a weld
Self-adaptive arc force technology – maintains the optimum arc conditions during welding, even when using long cables.
Jasic inverters are designed with unique electronic structures and air channel designs. This design feature reportedly improves air cooling of the machine and hence, improves the duty cycle. The design of the forced air-cooling system channel also effectively prevents the power devices and control circuits from being damaged by the dust introduced into the machine by the fan.
As with all Jasics, this machine comes with a market leading 5 year warranty, supported by UK distributor, Wilkinson Star. This is backed up by Jasics certified ISO 9001 quality management system and a product range that fully complies with CE, RoHS, C-TICK, CSA and CCC standards.
INCLUDED: Inverter power source, MIG welding torch (MB15 unless otherwise specified), Earth return lead, Gas hose and Regulator, Operating instructions.
NOT INCLUDED: Mains plug, Shielding gas, Welding wire, Replacement torch consumables, PPE (Welding helmet, gloves, etc) – All items available through TBWS with the exception of shielding gas. A selection of the consumables suited are listed below.
|Input Power||AC 230V – 50/60 Hz|
|Dimensions (mm)||485 x 185 x 370|
|Duty Cycle Imax||160A@35%/40C|
|No-Load Voltage (V)||53|
|Current Range||10-160 Amps|
|Voltage Range (V)||11-26|
|Input Power (kVA)||7.1|
Supplied with a Manufacturers 5 year parts and labour warranty
Why buy Jasic
- Jasic machines are incredibly well equipped and represent excellent value for money
- Built using highest quality components and IGBT’s
- An industry leading 5 year extended warranty (when registered online) gives peace of mind
- In house service work conducted by trained professionals in state of the art facilities
- Welding Inverters fully comply with all safety and quality standards
- In 2016, Jasic produced 1 million models, making them one of the largest welding inverter manufacturers in the world
- Each inverter goes through 42 rigorous test procedures to meet the highest possible standards
- Huge investment in the R&D of welding inverters to ensure Jasic are at the forefront of development in the field
- Free product training on all Jasic models provided at the Manchester welding academy
- Validation of machines available, to comply to EN50504:2008 (Please ask)