GYS SMARTMIG 162 – MIG WELDER
A very well priced MIG welder, the GYS SmartMIG 162 is perfect for someone new to welding, a simple user interface makes set up very easy. Supplied on wheels, this machine is easily manoeuvrable on workshop floors etc and a shelf on the chassis can support a 5L welding gas bottle.
Capable of operation with or without shielding gas for ultimate flexibility. Running at 160A from a standard domestic 13 amp supply, these units are perfect for home workshop use.
An industry standard euro connector allows the user to switch MIG torches, change wire and liners easily.
- Possible to weld steel, stainless steel and Aluminium
- A low current consumption allows use with a 16A domestic power supply. No need to upgrade your work shop power supply
- Suitable for 1kg and 5kg MIG wire spools.
- MIG/MAG welding using shielding gas or run without additional shielding gas (gasless MIG wire required).
- Constant running fan offers efficient cooling and prevents machine overheating.
- Simple (SmartMIG) adjustment with an easy to follow material chart on the front panel.
- 0.6, 0.8mm and 1.0mm MIG wire (solid). (Supplied set up for use with 0.8mm wire)
- 0.9mm and 1.2mm MIG wire (flux cored – gasless)
- A powerful 40W wire feed motor provides smooth and consistent wire feed.
An easy to follow table on the front panel guides the user to optimum settings.
4 Step regulated voltages – A MIN / A MAX | B MIN / B MAX
Settings determined by material type, material thickness and
SUPPLIED WITH: Power source with euro connecting 2m Binzel type MIG torch and 1.65m hard wired work return lead, operating instructions
|Input Supply 50/60Hz||Fuse amps||Amperage range||Voltage steps||60% Duty Cycle||Duty Cycle||Dimensions / Weight||Generator requirements (+/-15%)|
|230V||16A||30 – 165A||4||70A||115A @20%||55.5 x 46 x 25.5 cm / 28kg||4.5kVA max|
WHERE IS IT MADE
GYS is a family run company with its main factory in France. As a company they produce most of their line in France and have done so for many years. GYS also have a factory in China which produces the SmartMIG range of machines. This factory is wholly-owned by GYS and operates under the same standards as the main manufacturing plant in France.
WARRANTY AND SUPPORT
All GYS machines come with a 2 year warranty which is upheld by their large UK headquarters now situated in Rugby.