GYS PROGYS 180A MMA INVERTER WELDER KIT
The first of the GYS professional series, the PROGYS 180A is a single phase compact stick welding inverter. A high duty cycle of 160 amps at 78% (20°C) allows intensive use without overheating. Capable of burning 1.6 – 4mm welding rods and being powered by a generator, its a perfect mobile welding machine.
A DC power source, the PROGYS 180A can weld all types of electrodes, rutile coated, basic, stainless and cast iron up to 4.0mm.
Capable of welding material up to 10mm.
This little arc welder also benefits from features seen on more expensive machines:
Arc Force: Instantaneous increase in welding current in difficult welding conditions
Anti Sticking: Allows easier arc starting and helps prevent rod sticking to the material.
Hot Start: For easy arc ignition
GYS PROGYS 180A FEATURES:
- Immediate start due to a high no load voltage. Makes arc starting easier.
- Constant welding power
- Very smooth melting of welding rods with DC current
- Excellent arc stability and good penetration.
- High duty cycle enabling intensive use on Ø 3.2 mm
- Suitable for use with generators +/- 15% (Automatic voltage regulation recommended)
- 2m electrode holder lead and 1.6m work return lead
- European made (France)
- Scratch start TIG capability
- 2 Year warranty
|GYS PROGYS 180A
|Duty cycle @ 78% (20ºC)
|Min generator size
|Electrode size for MMA
|1.6 – 4.0mm
|140 x 180 x 270mm
|Dinse plug size
|10 – 25
GYS are a French family firm started in 1964. Having now expanded internationally, they have a large UK base in Rugby, UK which looks after warranty issues and distribution.
To purchase a TIG torch for this machine, please select from the dropdown menu above. TIG torch is supplied as a 2 part cable with dinse connector and 3/8″ BSP gas hose connector. Note that the torch gas control is via a valve on the torch handle unlike on dedicated TIG machines with a gas solenoid.