GYS PROTIG 201 DC FV TIG WELDING PACKAGE
The GYS PRO TIG 201 FV is a heavy duty 200A 110 / 230V DC TIG welder with HF start and TIG pulse functionality, perfect for site work. Equipped with flexible voltage and PFC technology, these robust little machines are able to run from input voltages of 85V up to 265V. This means they run well from generators, can cope with being run off long extension leads and where mains power is weak.
DC TIG allows the user to weld all ferrous metals, such as steel, stainless steel as well as copper and its alloys.
An intuitive control panel allows easy adjustment of pre-gas / post-gas, upslope time, welding current, hot / cold current, pulse frequency and downslope time. Controls are via a simple touch button and turn knob interface which is well sealed against dust and moisture ingress.
In MMA mode, the PROTIG 201 is capable of welding steel, stainless steel, cast iron, rutile or basic electrodes. All of this is possible straight out of the box! A pulsed MMA function helps with positional welding.
A memory capability allows the user to store up to 50 programs per process, great for easy re-call of previously used settings. An LCD display shows current/voltage during and after welding (WPS/PQR).
Arc starting in TIG:
- High frequency start to begin welding without touching the tungsten to the work piece for an uncontaminated start
- LIFT TIG – In situations where nearby electrically sensitive equipment is present (ie welding modern cars). Touch the tungsten electrode on the work piece and lift to start the arc.
- 2T – Press the torch button to begin and release to finish the weld.
- 4T – Press torch button to start and press again to finish the weld.
- 4T Log – Enables switching between 2 operator pre-set welding intensities (hot current and cold current) by a short press on the trigger.
Optimised DC TIG Welding
- Secondary regulation: ensures optimum arc stability and constant current in all positions.
- TIG DC Pulse : controls the temperature of the weld puddle, limiting deformation and thus allows the assembly of thin sheets from 0.3 mm.
- SPOT : Fast and precise spot welding, ideal before welding thin sheet metal.
- Automatic torch detection: compatible with latch torches and double button.
Benefitting from the following features:
Adjustable Arc Force: Instantaneous increase in welding current in difficult welding conditions.
Anti Sticking: Allows easier arc starting and helps prevent rod sticking to the material.
Hot Start: Makes it easier to arc with any type of metal (Low Hot Start: For thin metal sheets – high Hot Start for metals that are difficult to weld such as dirty or oxidized sheets)
- Reinforced body and shockproof rubber pads on the corners.
- Light (10 kg), compact and easy to move on-site.
- Protected against overvoltage up to 400 V (PROTEC 400).
- Connectivity for remote control (manual or pedal)
- MADE IN FRANCE
|Model||GYS PROTIG 201 DC FV|
|Amps range – TIG||10 – 200A (230V) 10 – 200A (110V)|
|Amps range – MMA||10 – 200A (230V) 10 – 140A (110V)|
|TIG duty cycle @ 60% (40ºC)||115A|
|Input fuse-||16A (230V) 32A (110V)|
|Min generator size||7.5 kW|
|MMA duty cycle @ 60% (40ºC)||90A|
|Dimensions||410 x 200 x 230mm|
|Dinse plug size||35 – 50|
|Approx. weight||10 kg|
Not Included: Regulator, Mains plug, Electrodes, Shielding gas, Filler wire, Foot Control, PPE (Welding helmet, gloves, etc) – Available from TBWS – please ask. Many of the TIG consumables suitable for this machine are listed below.
If selected in the dropdown menu above, can be supplied with a 4m genuine Binzel® 26 series TIG torch, a 2m MMA welding lead and 2m Earth return.
GYS are a French family firm started in 1964. Having now expanded internationally, they have a large UK base in Rugby, UK which looks after warranty issues and distribution.