GYS EXAGON 400 CC/CV POWER SOURCE – MMA, TIG, MIG
A multi process welding power source, the GYS Exagon 400 supplies both constant current or constant voltage (CC/CV) up to 400A. Used with a welding lead set, the machine can be used in MMA mode or pulsed MMA, for those tricky positional welds where greater puddle control is beneficial. Built to withstand harsh environments, GYS inverters have rugged casing and reinforced electronics and is tested to IP23 protection. Will weld any electrode from 1.6 up to 6.3mm, including basic, rutile and cellulosic rods.
Connect a gouging torch and an airline and the EXAGON machine becomes an efficient gouging tool, perfect for pre weld preparation of surfaces or weld removal using carbons up to 6mm diameter.
When paired with a wire feed unit, the Exagon can be used for MIG welding, either with the rugged suitcase NOMADFEED unit for site welding or the EXAFEED system.
Lift TIG technology is incorporated within the machine for TIG welding using a scratch start TIG torch, or attache the GYS EXATIG unit and use the machine with HF start TIG welding in DC current.
A 2 dial interface makes setting the machine easy, whilst a digital meter displays settings clearly. An optional 8m remote control is available to interface with the machine and make adjustments easily from a distance.
A high duty cycle makes the EXAGON cellulosic welder suitable for intensive use of welding rods 1.6 – 6.3mm in diameter. Steel, stainless steel, cast iron, rutile, basic, aluminium or cellulosic electrodes are all suitable for use.
Intuitive control panel with digital display
Choice between LIFT TIG, MMA and MMA Pulse modes.
Welding power range 5 > 400A (400V).
Sealed panel prevents dust and moisture ingress
Benefitting from the following features:
Adjustable Arc Force: Instantaneous increase in welding current in difficult welding conditions.
Anti Sticking: Allows easier arc starting and helps prevent rod sticking to the material.
Hot Start: Makes it easier to arc with any type of metal (Low Hot Start: For thin metal sheets – high Hot Start for metals that are difficult to weld such as dirty or oxidized sheets)
Lift TIG: The arc is created by touching the metal with the tungsten electrode avoiding tungsten inclusions and radio electrical disturbances.
VRD (Voltage Reduction Device) : lowers the no-load voltage (< 30V) to secure welders in specific environments (mines, chemical plants, shipyards, etc.)
GYS GYSARC 400 FEATURES:
- Immediate start due to a high no load voltage. Makes arc starting easier.
- Constant welding power
- Very smooth melting of welding rods with DC current
- Excellent arc stability and good penetration.
- High duty cycle enabling intensive use
- Pulsed MMA mode: Switching from a high to low current means that the weld pool can freeze quicker and result in a more controllable weld pool. Pulsed MMA also puts less heat into the workpiece and reduces deformation.
- Lift TIG Capability – Easier start to ensure perfect quality welding bead. A simple movement of the wrist starts the automatic downslope to ensure a smooth and clean welding finish.
- Suitable for use with generators +/- 15% (Automatic voltage regulation recommended)
- Gouging capabilities with carbons up to 6mm
- European made (France)
- 2 Year warranty
- Reinforced panels & rubber pads
- 2 steel handles for easy manipulation
- 4 rings for slinging
- IP23 classification for outside use
|GYS EXAGON 400
|5 – 400
|Duty cycle @ 60% (40ºC)
|Min generator size
|Electrode size for MMA
|1.6 – 6.3mm
|580 x 520 x 300mm
|Dinse plug size
GYS are a French family firm started in 1964. Having now expanded internationally, they have a large UK base in Rugby, UK which looks after warranty issues and distribution.
If you would like any of the options, feel free to let us know. We can supply welding lead sets, suitable TIG torches, wire feed units to suit etc.