AMA STAINLESS STEEL PIPE WELDING LARGE COLLAR TIGHTENER WITH ADJUSTMENT WHEEL FOR 2 PART CENTERING COLLARS
AMA brand stainless steel collar tightener for use with 2 piece AMA pipe welding collar clamps between the ranges of 600mm to 1530mm (available separately).
The tightener arms fit onto the collar and the handle is turned to pulled the jaws together and tighten the collar around the pipe to clamp the workpieces in place. The AMA 2 part collars from DN600 to DNDN1500 require a tightener either side of the pipe.
HOW THE AMA PIPE CENTERING COLLAR AND TIGHTENER WORKS
Simple to use, the 2 piece clamps are placed around a pipe and joined to the AMA collar tightener either side of the pipe (available separately). The 2nd piece of pipe can be moved into position and the collar moved so that it straddles over the join, between the 2 pipes to be joined. Once centered and in position, the collar can be fully tightened, firmly clamping both pipes in place. Holes within the collar allow access to the join to allow tack welding of the 2 pipes. Once tack welded, the collar can be removed to complete welding.
SEE THE PRODUCT VIDEO ABOVE
- Accurate and easy-to-use centering collar for pipes
- Extremely quick
- Reduces installation and welding errors to a minimum
- Used with AMA large 2 piece Collars DN600 – DN1500 sizes
- Clamping Range: 24″ – 60″ (600 – 1500mm OD) when used with appropriate collar
- Material: Stainless Steel
- From collar size DN/NS 600 or larger because it has a 50 mm longer span and provides more torsional force. It is also better suited for thicker-walled pipes
- Fitted with thrust bearings
- Weight 2.4 kg