OXY ACETYLENE HEATING NOZZLE NO. 100
A No 100 size Oxy Acetylene heating nozzle for use with a type 5 HD shank and acetylene heating neck.
Sometimes called a pepperpot, these heating nozzles are perfect for heating materials with oxy acetylene.
Can be used for pre heating for welding applications, brazing and heating for bending, forming or straightening metals.
Smaller size nozzles are often used for brazing or for applying hard-facing metal to large areas.
- Heating nozzle for oxy acetylene – Sometimes referred to as pepperpots
- Heating BTU output 139,000
ABOUT HEATING NOZZLES
To fit to a heavy duty / type 5 shank: Fit a type 5 heating mixer to the type 5 shank and an AHT heating neck screws into the mixer. The nozzle screws onto the end of the swan neck.
- Hoses being used with the torch should be the correct type for the gas and fitted with check valves (non-return). They are colour coded according to the gas they are designed for – red for acetylene and blue for oxygen.
- Flashback arrestors should be installed on the regulator side of the hose.
- A nozzle should be inspected regularly to check for damage or obstructions.
- A poorly maintained nozzle can cause turbulent gas flow and increases the risk of flashback.
- Obstructions to the nozzle can be caused by dirt or spatter.
- Correct setting of these nozzles is vital to ensure the fuel is burnt correctly.
- Avoid a soft flame, if you have too much heat change to a smaller size.