ASNM NOZZLE FOR OXY ACETYLENE CUTTING OF THIN MATERIALS
An ASNM (Sheet Metal) nozzle for oxy acetylene cutting. The ASNM (Acetylene sheet nozzle mix) nozzles are designed to fit a cutting attachment on a Type 5 shank. They allow the user to perform neat and controlled cuts in thin sheet materials.
- One piece ASNM cutting nozzle
- For cutting 0.8mm – 3.0mm materials
ABOUT ASNM NOZZLES
To fit a nozzle, the head nut is removed from the cutting torch or attachment, inserted into the seat and the nut is re-applied and tightened.
An ASNM nozzle has a hole configuration to allow a precise jet of oxy acetylene mixed gas to pre heat the metal to its ignition temperature. The other orifice expels a jet of oxygen to blow away the molten material, piercing the material and creating the cut.
When selecting a nozzle for your cutting application it is worth getting the size applicable to the material thickness to be cut. An oversize nozzle wastes gas.
- Hoses being used with the torch should be the correct type for the gas and fitted with check valves (non-return). They are colour coded according to the gas they are designed for – red for acetylene and blue for oxygen.
- Flashback arrestors should be installed on the regulator side of the hose.
- A nozzle should be inspected regularly to check for damage or obstructions.
- A poorly maintained nozzle can cause turbulent gas flow and increases the risk of flashback.
- Obstructions to the nozzle can be caused by dirt or spatter.
- Do not hold the nozzle too close to the workpiece. The nozzle can overheat and cause a flashback.