A good quality Turkish made 4.5″ Zirconium 60 grit Flap Disc for surface preparation of most materials, especially effective on mild steel and stainless. 115 x 22mm flap discs are probably the most popular sized flap discs.
Well suited to high pressure machining and grinding process, these Zirconium flap discs (also known as Zirconium Oxide or Zirconia) flap discs are harder, tougher, and last longer than their cousin – Aluminium Oxide (AlOx). These zirconia flap discs are conical in shape.
For faster stock removal, use a coarser grit (36) or for a smoother finish, use a finer grit (120). For anything in between, there are 60 and 80 grits also available.
These discs are available in a variety of sizes including:
- 100mm / 4″
- 115mm / 4.5″
- 125mm / 5″
- High grade blend of zirconium abrasive, suitable for hard metals.
- Good flap count and size.
- Disc sizes for 100, 115, and 125mm angle grinders.
- Packed in 10s, but can be sold as singles. (If you’re looking to buy in bulk, call the number below)
- Abrasive: 100% Zirconia
- Backing: Y Poly-Cotton Cloth
- Application: Weld grinding, deburring and blending applications for Steel and Stainless Steel (Inox).