Speedglas 3M 9100XXi Welding Helmet – Auto Darkening
The 3M Speedglas 9100XXi Welding Helmet is the coveted face protection shield for welders and fabricators across the industry. This Auto Darkening helmet is part of 3M’s universally recognised and acclaimed range of welding vision protection face shields. As well as the main ADF filter, this helmet is fitted with side windows for a greater viewing range. The main filter has a variable dark shade of between 5, 8, and 9-13, which protects against most types of arc light produced when welding. Comfortable thanks to the ergonomically-designed head gear with adjustable fit.
The 9100XXI filter is the top of the line Speedglas auto darkening filter. The same size as the 9100XX, the XXI stands out thanks to improved optics, for a more natural view. These enhanced colours allows you to focus on your welding set up, technique and the weld pool. Auto on and off is activated by a movement sensor. Grab the helmet and it turns on – leave it stationary and it will turn itself off.
- Near-perfect optical clarity 1/1/1/2
- Shade 5 side panels for peripheral vision during welding
- Light state: shade 3
- Dark/Light state constant lock function
- 3 point sensors
- 73 x 107 mm large viewing area
- Tack weld mode for reduced eyestrain during long tack welding runs
- 6 point adjustable head band for premium comfort
Highest Optical Class
The 9100 series of 3M Speedglas helmets, including the 9100XXi, are equipped with an excellent performance true colour Auto Darkening welding filter. In addition, it has shade 5 side panels on both sides which gives your helmet a more open feel. Easy use cutting, welding and grinding modes, with a memory function for storing your favourite settings. Standardized to an optical class of 1/1/1/2; No distortion, no double vision, no darkening variation, and almost consistent shade from any angle. Fully adjustable shade settings on the main lens, ranging from shade 5 to shade 13, suitable for detailed TIG and heavy stick welding alike.
|ADF Model||9100XXi ADF | Part of the 9100 series|
|Optical Class||1 / 1 / 1 / 2|
|Viewing Area||107 X 73 mm|
|Switching time||0.1ms (+23°C)|
|UV / IR protection||According to shade number 13 (permanent)|
|Light state||Shade 3|
|Dark state||Shade 5, 8, 9-13|
|Fail /Safe state||Shade 5|
|Battery type||2 x CR2032 (Lithium 3 volt)|
|Battery lifetime||1800 hours|
|Operating temperature||-5ºC to +55ºC|
|Approvals||CE EN 379, EN 166|
Why choose 3M?
3M have been the trusted brand of engineers internationally for decades. A universally revered name among welder fabricators, 3M came from humble origins and grew to become one of the best on the market for quality assurance, longevity, and efficiency. Since their founding in 1902, innovation has been 3M’s purpose, making grand strides in the worlds of science, technology, and engineering. 3M have corporate operations across 70 countries and sell to over 200, so they really are the very definition of an international company.
Of all the equipment 3M manufactures, their PPE and Air Fed PAPR systems are among the most coveted in the industry. Their Speedglas range of helmets and air fed systems have become universally recognised across the industry, known for their quality, technology, and ease of use. These helmets are highly desirable.
Benefits of the 9100XXI
- More Natural Colour & Contrast – Offers the same large viewing area as the 3M™ Speedglas™ 9100XX ADF but, thanks to improved optics, allows you to more readily recognise colours.
- Grinding Mode – One quick push on the button of the external silver front and the filter is locked into its shade 3 light state for grinding. Another quick push reactivates the auto-darkening mode, and you are ready to weld again.
- Dual Memory Modes – Allows you to quickly switch between two different welding filter set-ups of your own choice. Each memory mode has an individual setting for dark shade, switching sensitivity, and dark-to-light delay.
- Auto-ON/OFF – Motion-sensor instantly turns on the filter when you pick up the welding helmet for “Grab & Go” efficiency.
Helmet Compatibility Fits with all Speedglas 9100 helmets however external grinding and memory modes are exclusive to the 9100/9100 Air Helmets.